Unlocker is powerful unlocking handler used to copy or rename files immediately. A simple, light and smart tool used to delete and move folders easily. Sometimes a file can't deleted because of some process running in the background is using that file. There is only single way to delete that file that is identifying and killing that background process before deleting file. Unlocker named it locking handler that term means the file you gonna delete is protected or used by another process that is current running. Advanced users can easily kill target running handlers from Task Manager under Processes tab.
A beginner user is always in trouble while doing similar operation e.g. deleting, renaming and moving of a file or folder. Explorer.EXE is the one of top process which operates most of windows programs. However, Unlocker is the key used to open blocking handlers with a single click. You can copy, move, rename and delete target file/folder through this utility tool. Unlikely, Windows OS is showing different errors to user interface showing something related to can't delete / move / rename file for many reasons. Windows XP users were facing more errors that later OS consumers.
Key Features of Unlocker:
Many files were used by multiple processes that are being run in system background. They will not let the file/folder to rename, delete or move to another place. You have to broke the link of file with background running process with killing that process. Moreover, Using unlocker is too simpler and faster then any 3rd party alternative software. Here are few steps would help you:
- Locate and explorer the target file
- Right click on file and select Unlocker (showing handy yellow star with it)
- Now, depending on situation, it shows 2 type of windows (both shown in below screenshots)
- First one showing that the file is currently using by background running process, so you have 2 options that can be used: Kill process or Unlock it without killing
- The second option showing no locking handler found. choose the action you want to perform on the object
- Now choose Delete, Move or Rename from drop down list and click OK, you're done
Unlocker will help on these type of errors:
- Cannot delete file / folder: It is being used by another program
- Cannot delete file / folder: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation
- The file / folder is may be in use
- The target file is in use by another program
- Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.
- The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer, Close the file and try again
Unlocker Technical File Details:
Author: Cedrick Collomb
Latest Version: 1.9.2
Product Size: 338 KB
Product Title: Unlocker
Language: Multiple Languages
License Type: Freeware (commercial)
Filenames: Unlocker1.9.2.exe / Unlocker-x64-1.9.2.msiOS: Windows 10 32/64 bit , Windows 8 32/64 bit , Windows 7 32/64 bit , Windows Vista 32/64 bit , Windows XP
Warning: We've detected that Unlocker installer may try to install 3rd-party software. Install file at your own risk; Disable network connection and select "Custom components to install" to prevent 3rd party programs.